Google Local Services Ads – Google Guaranteed
Over the past few years, Google has been rolling out a new form of paid ad – Google Local Services Ads. These ads are only available to specific local service industries so far, however, for these select verticals the new ad formats provide several major advantages over previous forms of online advertising. Contact Insight Forge, and we can let you know if your industry qualifies for Local Services in any specific geographic area. We can also let you know your lead price in that area.
The Basics of Google Local Services Ads
- Local Services Ads display on very top of the search engine results page (even above standard Google Ads!)
- Local Services Ads do not utilize the standard pay per click (PPC) model – they are pay per lead (PPL). Meaning, a business owner only pays Google when a customer is considered a lead that has a high percentage chance of converting to a job. The price per lead varies per industry, and per geographic market.
- Local Services Ads offer a ‘Google Guarantee.’ This means that if a customer is dissatisfied with the service or service provider after the job is completed, they can contact Google directly with a complaint and Google will reimburse the customer up to $2000.
- Local Services Ads direct users to a business profile when they are clicked. In the profile they can view customer reviews (from Google), see the services the company provides, and dial a local number that forwards to the business. There is no way to click through to a business’ website to get a lead – it only works via phone calls.
How a Business can Sign Up for Google Local Services Ads
It isn’t necessarily easy to sign up for Local Service Ads, as it is with standard Google Ads (Adwords). To qualify for the Google Guarantee, Google requires a fairly extensive background check, an updated certificate of insurance from the business, and more. Insight Forge has navigated this sign up and communication process with Google many times; we can make it seamless for a business to get started.
How Leads Work for Google Local Services Ads
- Customers become potential leads by dialing a forwarding number on the company’s Local Service profile. This number directs to the company’s direct line or call center.
- Google records the phone calls, and allows the business to go into their Local Services dashboard to listen / review to calls (this can be done via the Local Services Ads app on ios or Android) . In this dashboard they can mark the leads as booked or declined.
- If a customer determines a lead is ‘bad’ – meaning it was a mis-match to the service they provide, they can designate it as such and Google will not charge for the lead.
How Ad Ranking Works for Google Local Service Ads
- Location: where a potential customer is in relation to business
- Reviews: how many reviews a business has received and the avg. rating.
- Response time: how fast a business goes into their dashboard and marks their leads as booked or declined (and in the end gets back to the customer).
- Business Hours: whether a business is open or not
- Problems / Complaints: whether a business has received legitimate complaints
How Insight Forge can Help Manage Google Local Services Ads
Insight Forge has managed many Google Local Services Ad campaigns in a variety of verticals. We have experience in qualifying a business for the Google Guarantee by navigating a variety of background check and form submissions. We set up your profile, manage your budget, make sure your reviews are up to date and populating, and get you ready to start processing leads – getting new customers at a cost effective return!
Below is a list of verticals / industries that currently qualify for Google Local Service Ads. Simply contact us and we can provide you with the cost per lead in your geographic area, the sub-categories within each vertical that you can potentially target, as well as whether your market qualifies for any individual vertical.